Do your children love to play with Daddy’s tools? Do they shriek with excitement every time you pass a construction zone on the road while driving? Well my kids sure do!
My son has his own workbench out in the garage next to his dad’s. My husband enjoys a little project carpentry so my son has to have his woodworking tools as well. The girls like to get in on it, but not as much as my son does. It just makes his day to spend an entire afternoon off with Daddy hammering away and “fixing” things. He has even made a few things, like a wooden cross that we put up for decor around the house. It makes for a special memory.
For a limited time you can download this FREE Construction Themed Riddle Reader to use with your preschooler.
I put this riddle reader together when my son was a bit younger so that he could learn the basic names of tools. He will be turning 7 this summer and can now enjoy the Construction Themed Activities we have for older kids. You can find those here.
This download includes:
- 8 tool names with corresponding simple riddles
- 6 construction vehicle with corresponding simple riddles
- Answers to the riddles are traceable underneath for handwriting and sight word practice.
- Instructions for how to compile your book are included!
If you print out your riddle reader, be sure to come back and let us know what your child thinks!
Latest posts by Lindsey S (see all)
- Cultivating Family Traditions on Reformation Day - October 31, 2018
- Ten Men that Led the Protestant Reformation: A Church History Lesson for Children - October 25, 2018
- How to Teach Your Child to Think Like an Innovator - September 13, 2018