I have been using this recipe for Homemade Cream of Soup for over five years now and love it. It saves us money and is much more environmentally friendly than purchasing the canned versions at the grocery store. The health benefits are a bonus too! This recipe contains no unnatural preservatives or aluminum, and you are in control of the salt content. Since it is a powdered mix it stores really well just in the cupboard in a dry, sealed container. I hope you love it as much as our family does!
Try it today!
- 2 cup organic non-fat dry milk
- 2 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth powder
- 1/4 cup freeze dried onions
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Salt to Taste
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and store in fridge in air tight container.
- To use, boil 1 1/4 cup water. When boiling, turn off heat source and whisk in 1/3 cup dry soup mix.
- This is the equivalent of one can of "Cream Of" soup.
- After cooking, for Cream of Chicken add bits of chicken to the mix while cooking or chopped mushrooms for Cream of Mushroom. Add celery for cream of celery. This is a very flexible recipe that can be altered to fit your needs.