- A-Z Card Guides for index cards
- Set if index cards
- Hole punch
- Book rings
- ABC Stickers
- Punch holes in the top corner of your A-Z cards.
- Use the first A guide card as your cover page. Decorate it as you wish. You may want an ABC book in a particular theme such as animals or a general book.
- Use the index cards as your pages. Decorate your pages to match your theme, if you chose one. You may use stickers for the letters or image, have your child draw the images and write the letters, or cut out images or letters from magazines or newspapers.
- Punch holes in the top corner of your index card pages as you complete them. Decide how many pages of each letter you feel is best.
- Add all to the book ring in proper order to create your book.
- Add in word cards as your child increases in her knowledge of letter recognition and phonics.
- Arrange the A-Z letter guides to complement your current reading or phonics program. For instance, you may want to put the vowels together, etc.
- Use the concept for a word family book, verse memorization, etc
Graphic Designer, Branding Consultant at RM Design Services & Branding Stylist
RIchele is a homeschooling mom of 4 children ranging in age from 8 to 19 years old. She has a collegiate background in educational psychology which did little to prepare her for grading math papers while making dinner. After admitting to a font addiction and many hex colored dreams, she created RM Design Services & Branding Stylist, where she creates printables, media kits, and more to help women create their best online presence through design.
Using Catechisms to Disciple Children and a FREE Printable
FREE Unit Study on the History and Traditions of Thanksgiving (FREEBIE #3 of 5)
A Reformation Day Craft: The Five Solas Hand Garland
FREE The Five Solas Intricate Coloring Pages for Reformation Day!
A Christmas Carol Copywork & Notebooking Pages
FREE Color Your Own Christmas Ornaments and Silly Holiday Sweaters Activity Pack
Organize your Home and Homeschool with this Loop Scheduling Workshop
Start Your Homeschool Year with the Right Focus + a Giveaway