The Five Solas: Signs to Follow on the Narrow Path, A 7 Day Family Bible Study
This unique 7 day family Bible Study contains more than 50 pages of structured history and Bible-based lessons, fun activities, and corresponding educational crafts that teach the Gospel using The 5 Solas, the slogans popularized by the Reformers during the Reformation of the Church.
** By your purchase, you are opting into both Talking Mom2Mom and Danika Cooley of Thinking Kids Press monthly newsletters. We promise that if you like what you see here on Talking Mom2Mom you will enjoy Danika’s brilliant resources and many freebies she provides for her readers as well!
This product is a digital PDF download.
The Five Solas
The Five Solas are slogans that were popularized by the Reformers during the reformation of the Church (1350-1648). These slogans are based on biblical truths and sound doctrine. Knowing and understanding the Five Solas is important for your children–it will help them to read and apply Scripture to their lives.
Sola means alone in Latin. I’ll explain each Sola briefly. I encourage you to go through The Five Solas: Signs to Follow on the Narrow Path 7 day family Bible study and activity pack that my friend Danika Cooley from Thinking Kids Blog and I put together as it offers Bible passages and discussion questions to help your family really understand the Five Solas.
- Sola Scriptura – By Scripture Alone: The Bible is God’s Word, our authoritative, inerrant, and inspired guide. We do not hold any authority–tradition, clerical, political, or otherwise over the authority of the Bible. In fact, we read Scripture in the light of other Scripture.
- Sola Fide – By Faith Alone: We are saved by faith alone, not by works or merit. Faith leads to justification (salvation) and then to good works as a sign of our gratitude for salvation.
- Sola Gratia – By Grace Alone: We are saved by God’s grace through faith. Salvation is a free gift from God. God alone gives the gift of faith and of salvation. We can’t earn grace, nor can we earn greater grace through our actions.
- Solus Christus – Through Christ Alone: We are saved only by the atoning blood of Christ and it’s through Jesus that we know God. We don’t need anyone else to approach the Father on our behalf–Jesus does that for us.
- Soli Deo Gloria – To the Glory of God Alone: We were created and saved to bring glory to God, the King of the Universe. Everything we do should be for His glory. We don’t glorify anyone else, living or dead–only God is to be glorified.
The Five Solas: Signs to Follow on the Narrow Path Family Bible Study
This family Bible study will help you explore Scripture in an engaging manner with seven days of family study.
Each day includes:
- An overview of a Sola or Scriptural concept
- A Bible passage to study with discussion questions
- Additional passages to read in order to better understand the intent of each Sola
- A structured notebooking page
- A family activity
- A fun craft
- Seven days of study
Your family will study the Five Solas together for seven days. Need more time to explore? You can always extend each day’s study to several days or even a week!
- Day One: Lost in the Woods: How the Solas came to be and what Sola means
- Day Two: Sound Doctrine
- Day Three: Sola Scriptura
- Day Four: Sola Fide
- Day Five: Sola Gratia
- Day Six: Solus Christus
- Day Seven: Soli Deo Gloria
- Additional Activity Pages
You’ll find fabulous additional printable activities in your Five Solas family Bible study! Printable Cards can be used as flash cards, memory cards, or a matching game plus use the bonus coloring pages for both older and younger children!
Latest posts by Lindsey S (see all)
- Cultivating Family Traditions on Reformation Day - October 31, 2018
- Ten Men that Led the Protestant Reformation: A Church History Lesson for Children - October 25, 2018
- How to Teach Your Child to Think Like an Innovator - September 13, 2018
Individual Family License, Classroom License