Do you celebrate Reformation Day as a Christian? If you don’t, you should! We began celebrating Reformation Day when our kids were little. It began as an alternative to celebrating Halloween but as I have learned more about the historical events that shaped the Protestant Church, I have come to treasure this month with my kids. It allows us to spend an entire month deeply entrenched in Church History and the Gospel. There’s nothing much better than that, am I right?!
The 5 Solas Hand Garland Craft
Each year I try to come up with a new, fun craft to do to with the kids. Last year we made The 5 Solas Hand Garland. We talked about each of the 5 Solas as we went through, what they mean, and how they apply to our lives today. We left it up all month long to keep the discussion going. If you would like to try this, I have provided the directions below!
Want to see MORE activities to do for Reformation Day? CLICK HERE
What will you need?
- pastel chalks
- coloring pencils
- Trace your child’s hand on a piece of paper.
- Take various colors of pastel chalks and draw lines outward and around the hand template.
- Rub the chalk out to mix the colors.
- Write each of the 5 Solas in each of the fingers: Sola Scriptura, Sola Fide, Sola Gratia, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria
- String all of your hands up, hang, and enjoy!
Learn MORE about The 5 Solas
If you would like to follow our new 7 day Family Bible Study to learn more about The 5 Solas CLICK HERE! This unique Bible Study contains more than 50 pages of structured history and Bible-based lessons, fun activities, and corresponding educational crafts that teach the Gospel using The 5 Solas.